Making a Scene Celebrates 8 Years of Publication!
It was on May 1st 2014 Making a Scene Officially came online with a very simple philosophy; Provide coverage for the indie music community and bring the best information to this community on what is happening in the music industry. We have strived to be the #1 resource for the Indie artist and the Fans that Love them. We have also prided ourselves on the fact that we post new content every single day and have never missed that target in the 8 years we have been publishing, there is no one that I know of that can make such a claim!
We have also been on the cutting edge of what is happening in industry, sometimes before the mainstream takes notice. We were presenting articles on the blockchain and NFT‘s before it became the new buzzword on mainstream media and we recognized it’s importance to the future of the music industry as the technology that will present a revolution within the industry. In fact our artist interviews are now posted on Audius which makes us the first to use blockchain streaming for our podcasts!
Over the last 8 years the top posts have been very consistent. Our Homepage being the #1 page that is accessed every day and of course our Independent Blues Awards Nominations and voting being a very close second. As for articles you can see below our Top 20 posts contain gear reviews, music Business Articles and Op Ed articles on the state of the music Industry. In addition we provide in depth artist interviews, Interviews with industry professionals and CD Reviews!
Here are the the Top 20 Posts over the last 8 Years
- Merchandising your Band! -UPDATED
- Writing a Business Plan For your Music
- Selling the Blues
- A Review of Steven Slate’s Everything Bundle
- Build your Own Speaker Stands
- Independent Blues Awards Voting Starts NOW!!
- A Review of the Behringer X-Air Mixers
- The Indie Bible – In Depth Review
- A Brief History of the Blues.
- Mixing Reference Tools Compared!
- Is ASCAP Hurting Live Music Venues?
- Getting Sued for $10 Million over a Pink Tribute Band?!!
- The Blues Dancing Movement
- 10 Best Music Blogs you can Submit to NOW!
- Review of the Warm Audio WA-47jr
- The MICCO Industry Lists Review
- Top 5 Audio Assault Plugins
- A Review of the MOTU AVB Recording Interfaces
- Review of the Presonus Eris 3.5 Speakers
- Road Tips for the Touring Musician (and those who want to be)
The Future and Beyond
We at Making a Scene are dedicated to bringing the independent music community the best and most reliable information on the state of the industry and the technology that will revolutionize it in the future. We are dedicated to showcasing indie artist and believe that is is the indie music community that compromises the bulk of the music content that is available on the current streaming platforms and as such should be fairly compensated!
We will continue to provide this service to the music community and their fans!