Making a Scene has a simple mission! To be the #1 Resource for the Independent Artist and the Fans that Love them!
For the Independent artists we pride ourselves on bringing great content that is designed to help them stay informed on the latests developments in the music industry and as well as articles that help the independent artist understand what is needed to bring their career to the next level. We provide articles on Touring, Public Relations, Radio promotion, marketing, performing, music business, recording techniques as well as hardware and software reviews to help the independent artist create a better product!
For the Fans, we provide interviews (almost 200 artist Interviews 2018), CD Reviews (almost 400 CD Reviews in 2018) and podcasts that reflect the best in Independent artists (from all genres) who are out there touring and creating new original music. We include spotify playlists, youtube videos and Amazon links on every review and interview to give the music fan, who takes pride in finding new music, all the resources they need to explore the artists we cover!
No other publication delivers a better immersive experience for the music fan to discover great new artists and their music!
2018 has been an amazing period of growth for us. We added new writers, moved to a larger and more powerful server (for the third time!). We have tripled our newsletter subscription base and now average over 5 MILLION pages delivered each month! If you look at the top 15 articles for 2018 you can see the diversity of content that we deliver and how well it has been received by both the Independent Artist and the Fans!
- Our Home Page – This is one of the most telling of all the pages in our list. We bring new content to Making a Scene every day and our readers recognize this and come to our home page to see what is new on a daily basis. We are very proud of the fact that our home page IS the #1 Page for 2018!
- Independent Blues Awards 2018 – In 2016 we started the “Independent Blues Awards” to recognize those touring artists who are creating new original music rooted in the blues. We wanted to do this in such a way that does not cost the artist to participate and expands on what is traditionally considered blues. We wanted to recognize the diversity of music that always has and still is being created from the roots of the blues. The fact that our class of 2018 is our #2 most read article for 2018 says it all.
- Independent Blues Award Nominations open for 2019! – The Nominations are open for the 2019 class for the “Independent Blues Awards”. If you have a favorite artist that is creating music rooted in the blues, nominate them for FREE!
- Viola Kruse’s Top 42 Americana CD’s – One of our new additions to our writer staff brought us her top 42 americana cd’s for 2018. Included in the list is a spotify playlist for each of the CD’s on the List
- Richard Ludmerer’s Top 40 Blues CD’s – Richard has been part of Making a Scene since day one and is recognized as one of the top reviewers in the world of indie blues and blues! His list is a definitive list of CD’s you need to listen to. Included in the list is a Spotify playlist for each of the CD’s on the List
- Interview with Rebecca Lovell of Larkin Poe – Larkin Poe has been on a meteoric rise in the music industry! We at Making a Scene make it a point to bring our readers in depth interviews with the artists who are on the rise and moving the music industry!
- Review of the Slate Everything Bundle – As anyone who has a home studio knows, there are thousands of plugins you can purchase! Some are great, some not so much. Without real objective reviews of the real world applications of software it becomes difficult to tell the two apart. We brought you a review of the Slate Everything Bundle that is complete and unbiased. We do not have an affiliate relationship with them, so our review is completely based on the merits of how their plugin suite performs.
- Merchandising your Band – As the CD is phasing out, it becomes more important to a touring artist to create an effective merchandising plan that includes multiple items to sell. This is a great article to help you explore your options as well as what you need to setup an effective merch table.
- Review of The Indie Bible – We brought you a review of the “Indie Bible“, which is one of the oldest and most respected music business resource on the market. If you are serious about you career you should have a copy of this in your library.
- Bandlab launches Cakewalk Sonar as a Free Download – After Gibson screwed over the user base of the Cakewalk Sonar DAW platform, they sold the rights to the software to a company in Tokyo called BandLab. Bandlab has released Sonar Platinum as a FREE DOWNLOAD for anyone that signs up for a free account.
- Is ASCAP Hurting Live Music – PRO’s have been an important part of the protection for the songwriters within the music industry for over 100 years. But, have their strong arm tactics and lack of accountability hurting small venues and preventing them from being the incubator venues for up and coming artists?
- Writing a Business Plan – If you are serious about your music career, then you should have some sort of business plan in place! Here is a great article to get you started on understanding what should be in it and how to write one!
- Danielle Nicole “Cry No More” – Long before it was nominated for a grammy, we had a review of this groundbreaking CD from bassist Vocalist Danielle Nicole!
- Spotify Explained! – Looking to Understand how this new music platform works? Have you been wondering how you can get on one of those “Treading” playlists? Here is a great article on what you need to know to work your way around “Spotify”!
- An Interview with Raelyn Nelson and Hannah Fairlight – What happens when you pair up the Grand Daughter of Willie Nelson and a Singer/Songwriter/Actress? Well you get mmHmm! We talk to the girls about their new project that is redefining country music in Nashville.
Now this is only a small sampling of articles on Making a Scene that has been driving traffic to us over the course of the last 5 Years. Our growth, we believe, is the result of us tapping into a need for a reliable resource for the Indie artist and their fans that explains and incorporates the new technology that is driving the new music consumer. If you take the time to explore our site, sign up for our newsletter, we guarantee you will always be on the cutting edge of the independent music industry.
Making a Scene is committed to bringing the best information for the independent music community. We also are dedicated to showcasing the touring independent artists to potential new fans using the latest technology as well as being THE place to go to discover new music.
Our Staff of writers are always on the lookout for new trends in the industry and new artists who are moving within these trends.
We are looking to explore the new music consumer and how they are finding their music and how they are incorporating it into their lives. When you take this survey you are helping us understand this new music market and this information will be made available to the independent artist to help them develop an effective business and marketing plan. We do not collect any personal contact information in the survey and as a Bonus, you will receive a FREE GIFT when you complete the Survey! CLICK HERE
Would you like to advertise in Making a Scene? Check out our competitive rates and Advertising options!