Making a Scene Presents the
Independent Americana and Country Awards!
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU ENTER ANY NOMINATIONS
The independent Americana and Country Awards celebrate those indie artists, songwriters and road warriors who make a living creating music. These awards are designed to shine a light on and represent “touring” working artists and the songwriters who are the true creators and innovators of the Americana and Country Music industry.
- The nominations are an open process! Artists, Fans, Record Companies, etc all can submit an artist or band for nomination consideration. You may nominate any artist or CD in multiple categories, but you must submit a separate entry for each category.
- There is NO COST involved to the artist. In this digital age there is no reason to request massive amounts of CD’s from an artist’s inventory. We can use dropbox, WeTransfer, Spotify, Pandora, Reverbnation or any freely available streaming service so our nominators can listen and evaluate the nominated artists and their work.
- NOTE: It is essential that a nominated artist’s is available on a streaming service or makes their work available as a dropbox link download or both. If you send a dropbox link you will also be considered for a possible featured interview on Making a Scene.
- Once the open nominations are closed the artists who are qualified will be passed onto our Nomination Committee. They will evaluate the entries and choose artists that best represents each category. They will submit their picks to Making a Scene where committee nominations will be compiled and the final list of nominated artists will be created for each category.
- The Nominations will run from September 19, 2019 to January 1, 2020. The nomination committee will evaluate the entries and return the results to Making A Scene by April 15 2020. Public voting will begin on May 15 2020 and close on August 1 2020. The results will be published on August 15, 2020.
- The final nominated artists will be presented as an open vote on “www.makingascene.org” and all winners will be determined by that final vote. The voting page will links and relevant streaming media for each nominee so each person who wants to cast a vote will have the opportunity to explore each nominated artists and their work.
- All decisions by “Making a Scene” will be Final.
In order to be fair to all submitting artist we have established a base set of qualifications that will be used to determine which artists will move forward to the nomination committee. Please read these carefully. All decisions by Making a Scene are final.
- The nominated artists/bands must be “Working and Touring” artists and have no less than 4 gigs outside a 200 Mile radius of their home town within the last 12 months.
- All CD entries should have been released between January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019 for nomination and contain no less than 75% original material.
- Best new artist CD submissions should represent a band or artist that has 4 or less Commercial/Independent releases under their current artist name.
- Songwriting submissions can be any artist that is affiliated with a performing rights organization. (ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, Etc)
- All Song Submissions must submit the name(s) of writer(s) of the work if different than the artist.