National press and radio says “Eliza has such power in her voice that she can take on a big song and do it real justice” DJ Phill Penny Radio Trent UK. “Eliza Neals hits you right between the eyes…” Blues Blast Magazine. “songs that are easily imagined as going down a storm in a drink-fuelled late-night after-hours lock in.” The Blog of the Blues. “Eliza Neals’ soulful voice is the key instrument for her firebrand version of blues-fueled tunes” Eclectic Pop “Eliza Neals “The Detroit Diva” is the name: This Diva has claws and sharp teeth…” Wasser Prawda German Magazine. “This album of “Stiletto Blues” first came out in January 2012, but it keeps finding itself back in the news and for a very good reason… ” The DirtyLowDown “Neals’ style is incendiary and unabashed.” Real Detroit Weekly.
The award winning sultry and powerful blues rock soul vocalist, recording artist, composer, performer, publisher and producer is being compared to greats like Etta James, Janis Joplin and Ricki Lee Jones among others.
For Press go to ELIZANEALS.com
ABOUT: “Breaking and Entering”
Busting down the backdoor is Detroit’s Eliza Neals with “Breaking and Entering,” the blues-rock pry bar to her award winning album “messin with a fool.” Prowling with Detroit’s blazing blues guitarist Howard Glazer (EL 34’s) + hit producer Mike Puwal (CannonBall Records, ICP) these housebreaker’s know how to sneak their way to your crown jewels. A team of safecracker musicians, with featured guest guitarist Kenny Olson (Kid Rock) plus Gabe Gonzelez (George Clinton) on drums drills open a pandemonium of grit-grime and gris-gris from power bluesy vocalist, musician, songwriter and producer Eliza Neals.
“Breaking and Entering” is twelve songs worthy of the finest cat burglar’s bag. The spoils of vintage analog studios plus hours of planning a musical caper that many a Blues-Rock fan can’t escape. “A well-proportioned mix of toughness and vulnerability, the robust-voiced Neals can match power and attitude with most any soul diva around.” Roots Music Report 2014
* 2012-14 Indie Tour: Detroit, Miami, New York, Nashville, Chicago, Las Vegas, Kansas City, Boston, Delaware, Washington DC +
* Extensive worldwide terrestrial & internet BluesRock Radio rotation for “messin with a fool” the award winning album.
* “Stronghold II” re-released 8/05/08 and distributed internationally. Eliza Neals shares co-writing credit with Motown Legend Barrett Strong Jr. on multiple songs.
* Performed with notable acts such as Barrett Strong, Kenny Olson, Vernon Reid, The Four Tops, Temptations, George Clinton, Earl Klugh, Tino Gross, Howard Glazer, Eddie Gregg, Bart Walker, and more.
* Featured at Michigan festivals including Ferndale Blues Festival, Port Salinac Blues Festival, Rockin on the Riverfront, Arts, Beats and Eats, Campus Martius Park, Motown Winter Blast, Stars and Stripes Festival, CityFest, Just Let Me Breathe, Hamtramck Blowout, Detroit Riverdays, Dally in the Alley + many others.
* Performed at World class music halls and clubs across the US including: Joe’s Pub NY, The Bottom Line NY, The Bitter End NY, Iridium Jazz Club NY, Cutting Room NY, The Knitting Factory NY, Rockwood Music Hall NY, The Living Room NY, Arlene’s Grocery NY, Mojo Main DE, Atwoods Taven MA, Van Dyke Upstairs FL, Will Call FL, Record Store MO, Bluebird Cafe TN, Lucy’s TX, Whiting Auditorium MI, Hilton Theater NJ, Coco Teaser CA, Rumors Lounge NV, Fishbones MI, HardRock MI, Magic Bag MI, + many more
* Produced/Directed “An Evening with Barrett Strong” at Cutting Room NY 2013, BB Kings Nashville 2011, Hard Rock Detroit 2010 and BB Kings NY 2006, appeared as a featured artist/pianist.
* Selected as Hardrock Cafe Detroit, PINKTOBER Breast Cancer Awareness Month performer 2010 and 2011, 2013.
* Sync Licensing placements in TV and Movies including:
HGTV 2014, HBO 2013, Hallmark Channel Movies 2013, Ovation Network 2012, Warner Brothers Television 2012, Discovery Chanel 2011, Detroit Windsor International Film Festival 2011 and Ferndale Film festival 2011 to name a few.
* Eliza Neals appeared as ‘herself’ on Bravo TV’s “Tim Gunn’s Guide to Style” in 2008.